About HER ROYAL HIGHNESS
HerMajesty
Talk to HER ROYAL HIGHNESS

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Mother's Day

Last Sunday, we booked a table for 6 at Boulevard Restaurant for our mother.

Mum was working and she suddenly called us up at Friday nite saying she's coming back for dinner on Mother's day.

I was having a few drinks with my colleagues at Sea hourse then.

My sister was in Kuching.

My 2 brothers did not know what to do about it so they called both me and my sister.

They called my sister first. She told them it's good that mum is coming back for dinner and that she has no objection to whatever arrangements they were gonna make.

With comments like that they still dunno what to do. Then they called me up to inform me of the situation. I told them to go to the Bouleavrd restaurant, coz it is the nearest from our house and told them to asked the person-in-charge if they have reservation for a table of 6. If they do, just take it.

Last year i tried to book a table on Mother's Day at Kok Chee Restaurant, and they told me they only have accept reservation of 10pax per table. They don't serve small table on special occasion.

My guess is that they will do the same this year, so didn't bother to ask my brother to check it out. Plus, it's already Friday, they might be fully booked.

My brothers did what i told them, and deposited a 100bucks for a reservation of $300 at Boulevard. Didn't even bother to listen to the explanation from the supervisors regarding the dishes they are going to serve coz it's not important. The most important thing is that we can bring mum out for a Mother's Day dinner.

So, there we are sitting at the table and talking jokes...



Waiting.....

The food was served very quickly. I guess that's what reservations are for, right?

First dish..



Longetivity vermicelli

These stuff are actually from and for Foo Chow family. Nowadays, you can see every chinese family having it everywhere. I grew up with a Foochow mother, so we are used to eat this soupy vermicelli.



Looks good.

Last time, i used to have this only once a year. That's during the chinese new year. Now, i eat this so often at Ni's place, it's at least once a month. Okay, so it's not that frequent, but that's a lot to me considering i only had it once each year. By the way, his mum cooks great chicken soup.



Too bad this one taste no where close to my mum's or Ni's mum.

The second dish is usually everyone's favourite.


Hot and Cold dish.



4 combinations.

Didn't taste good too.

I wonder why all these restaurant serve Siew Mai as one of the choices nowadays. It makes the whole thing so lame. They used to do it better.



Then there is this chicken with leaf wrapping thingy. It taste bad too. There's no favour in the chicken meat. They only wrapped the leaf around to make it LOOK special.




The jelly is ok. The other spring roll thing is also ok.



It's a real disappoinment. Honestly.

Then came the chicken cum chicken dish. Third dish.



Deept fried curry/paprika chicken and salad chicken.

The deep fried chicken actually taste and look so much like the leafy chicken. They are using the same stuff.... so disappointing.

As bad as it was, everyone finished it. LOL...



I guess everyone's too hungry.

See how happy my mum was with the arrangement....


Oh, sorry. She's still chewing the food....

Fourth Dish.



Something with broccoli. I actually took a few bites of the yellow mushy thing but i still couldn't figure out what it was. Something related to seafood??

4th dish is Shark Fin's soup.

I was supposed to take pictures too. I think i was too full and forgot to take pictures.

After the longetivity vermicelli, the arrangement shouldn't have soup anymore. 2 soup in a meal is too much. Even if it's shark fin.

I rather they change it to ABALONE instead. I would love that. It's my favourite.

Then, it was the cod fish.

Deep fried cod fish in soya onion sauce. Something like that. Not exactly good, i would say.

I didn't take anymore pictures. I had totally forgotten about pictures already.

The last one was the Oatmeal prawns.

Actually, it should be named Coconut-Santan Prawn. The entire dish tasted more like coconut than oatmeal. Disappointing as well.

There was not a single dish i would give a thumb-up.

So, that's the Mother's day dinner we had.


Mum's very happy about it. It's all that mattered.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home